Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2

So yesterday I showed you what my crazy make-up table looked like. Need a reminder....


Yeah it's U.G.L.Y. and as ashamed as I am to admit it, but with the desire for full disclosure, it's been like this for a long time.  Another disclosure, I'm generally not a "neat & tidy" type of person, so it's not too surprising time has passed and the table has ended up looking like this. 

For today though, I'm going to focus on those pretty blue boxes.  These boxes which you might overlook...



Those blue boxes contained at one point beautiful gifts from the one and only Tiffany and Co.  Said gifts have since made their way (cute little blue suede bags and all) to my jewelry box and for the last couple of years, these boxes have made their way around the house to various locations until they landed on my table and have sat ever since.

So today that all changes.  I know a lot of women have this debate...to keep the box or not.  I've had this debate for years with myself.  In fact, even as a I started writing this very post I wasn't sure if I could actually go through with tossing these boxes, and even asked my husband what he thought.

In my semi-hoarder, twisted mind, I was thinking "I can't actually throw away a Tiffany's box" - yeah, really trying to convince myself I couldn't part with them.   

But then the more I thought about I had to really ask, why?  Why does it matter? The jewelry isn't any less valuable to me without the box.  I have absolutely NO intention of selling the pieces, so the boxes don't really matter.  I ultimately have decided I was keeping them as "proof" that I had the real stuff, but again had to ask myself "why does it matter".  And ultimately, it doesn't! 

So with that, they are gone.  Good bye blue boxes!

Sell
Donate
Trash
1
0
2

It's getting better! ;-)

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment