Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 1 - An Unexpected Change

Originally I had planned to attack this.....

...the mess better known as my make up table. Don't worry, we'll get back to this though.

So why the dramatic change?  2 hours into my day today I realized I couldn't avoid it any longer.  These.....


...have been a pain in my back, legs, and feet since, well, since I bought them.  They've been sitting in my closet for well over 6 years. 

I bought these during my "I love crazy pattern shoes" stage, and they were majorly on sale.  In theory they are perfect shoes - good neutral color, fun pattern, nice wedge heel, Naturalize brand (which are usually like house shoes).  I had really high hopes for these.  

The first wearing I thought was a fluke.  Surely these shoes couldn't be causing my feet to hurt.  A few more wears and I was convinced they were not good, but I held onto them.  Over the 6 years I've owned them, I can easily count the number of times I've worn them on 2 hands.  So this morning I absent-mindedly grabbed them, thinking they would add some pop to my otherwise boring outfit. 2 hours later, I knew it was D-day for these shoes.  They still hurt.  They aren't for me. And it's time they quit taking up space in my closet.

So with that, my first SELL item goes (or at least is on it's way). In most cases I plan to use EBAY to sell stuff, but for items like this, I'm still trying to figure out a good local consignment store to sell them at. 

The tally is a little sad, but it's going to get better, 1 item at a time.

Sell
Donate
Trash
1
-
-


Day 1 = Success.  

Jen   

No comments:

Post a Comment